Friday, May 13, 2016

"Status quo? ... that's Latin for the mess we's in."





Not only do the political elite refuse to label Islamic terrorism for what it is, during the middle of one of the largest terror attacks ever the President dances the tango and goes to a baseball game with a dictator. Again, what a topsy-turvy world!


I remember once an old black man being asked what the word "status quo" meant; without hesitation he reply, "Oh, that's an easy one. That's Latin for the mess we's in." His grammar may have been off but there is a world of wisdom in that definition. We's in a mess, that's for sure.

As a friends just posted, "Okay .... it's not funny anymore. Where's the real presidential candidates?" Have ever seen anything so silly in all your life? Any candidate with any lick of sense whatsoever is buried in the polls. Knocked out not by common sense but with remarks such as "low energy' or 'who would vote for a face like that?' or by calling someone a lair without one shred of evidence whatsoever. Better yet letting a known adulterer smear another candidates by innuendo alone. The name of the game seems to be “If it works, use it!” Trouble is how can we trust anyone with such moral ineptitude? Believe me there’s enough blame to go around on both sides of the aisle.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I blame the mess we’s in on Christians who refuse to join in on the process and get out and vote, and quit kowtowing to political correctness. The whole system is corrupt from most of the Supreme Court right through Congress and most certainty throughout the Administration. When are we going to begin to judge these people by the fruit they bear? It’s one thing to get up on Easter morning and put on an “I love Jesus” face, and quite another to live the life day in and day out. People make mistakes that’s for sure, and I can’t fault them for that. But most Christians I know seek forgiveness, not just from God but from one another. I may have missed it, but I have failed to hear one candidate apologize either to God or man for the antics that are going on in this Ringling Brother’s Circus that we call a political campaign.

Believe it or not, one of my hobbies is to collect clowns. I have the in all shapes and forms. All the way from some priceless Emmett Kelly’s to some that I happen to run across in second hand stores and garage sales. One of my favorites is a windup carrousel of clowns dancing to the tune of “Bring on the Clowns.” I’m tempted to bring it out each evening when I watch the evening news coverage on this present political season. But again that’s not necessary because they seem to come out on their own and dance their own goofy dance. As a New York Yankee would say, “Enough, already!”

Oh to God that we had a few John the Baptists, or Isaiahs. Perhaps just even one reluctant Jonah might do. Where are they? Most Christians I see are hiding behind their political correctness, or timidity or complacency, or whatever. They are certainly not making any waves. That’s for sure. Now, I not advocating taking on each candidate one by one and pointing out their flaws. That’s not necessary. It’s the system that I’m after. The cultural relativism. The “I don’t care as long as it doesn’t affect my pocket book" mentality, that what I’m talking about. Perhaps the rich fool is an appropriate parable here (Luke 12:13-21).

Now, it’s obvious that the America public at large is fed up with the status quo. Problem is most don’t have the answer. They keep looking in the wrong places. So until America and Western civilization has a deep moral rebirth in my opinion we are doomed. I challenge you, visit China if you disagree; or even an up and coming India. Economically we are going to be slam-dunked in the not too distant future if we’re not careful. Forget Mexico and Japan and the likes. These giants will dwarf them all.

I’m personally not a dooms day guy. I am by nature optimistic. However, I do have to call it like it is, as far as I can see it.

Again, I hope I’m wrong on this one, but my gut feeling is that I am not.

I am yours, however for a brighter future, 


JimR_/


No comments: