Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Nothing Like a Good Laugh



Nothing like a good sense of humor to see you through the day, and what better source than the church, especially the pulpit. Now, I am of the strong opinion that the pulpit is no place for a clown; however, neither is it one for a sour puss. I am also of the opinion that if a man or woman cannot laugh at themselves, others will laugh at them behind their backs.

I’ve often been asked whether or not Jesus had a sense of humor. To be honest with you, I am not convinced that he did; yet, in many ways, it may be that he did. He certainly had many occasions to enjoy a good laugh, particularly with some of the bumbling things his disciples did.

Humor or not, I am absolutely convinced that neither Jesus or his disciples ever trivialized the Gospel. Worship was not a time for entertainment, but rather a time to give God the praise he so rightfully deserves.


Show me a man or woman without a well-developed sense of humor, and I will show you someone who has missed out on the better part of life.

No comments: